Ready, Aim, Shoot

Thursday, December 2, 2010

For as long as I can remember I’ve wanted to shoot a gun. 

IMG00277-20101126-1219

For my 30th birthday, which by the way still sounds funny to write, I received the best present ever.  We went clay pigeon shooting.  My problem before now has always been finding a gun to shoot.  not a problem when home with the folks…my dad has never failed to come through, especially in this case. 

IMG00278-20101126-1219

So we bundled up in as much gear as we could and faced the windy and cold day.  Earplugs in and ready to go, I ended up doing better than I could have imagined.  My dad may have been in shock seeing his daughter shoot so well given I have no real training.  He’s mighty proud, I tell you!

For the first time ever shooting a gun and first time clay shooting, I went 14 for 40…not bad for a novice.  Though all it did was make me want to go again and again…maybe we should get a gun?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
all photos and content copyright of The Brogle's 2007-2011. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP