My Grandma Ruth

Monday, August 10, 2009

"The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart; because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" (romans 10:8)
This is my grandma Ruth, the mother of my mother.
Believer in Jesus, wife, mother, sister, and daughter.
This was at Easter, just five short months ago.
She lived 91 years, over 60 of them married Now she's with Jesus and the angels. I'm going to miss you. Last time I visited with her, a mere month ago we reminisced: her childhood on the farm (just like Laura Ingalls), her stint as a one-room school house teacher, dating my Grandpa, their wedding, serving our country as Rosie Riveter in the factory, her children, her cookies (yum!)... we remember her youth, her womanhood, her. We love you.

1 comments:

Manda (+2) said...

What a neat lady. I'm sorry you have to feel sadness friend. I'm thankful with you that she knew Jesus! Can I do anything?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
all photos and content copyright of The Brogle's 2007-2011. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP