Meningitis Outbreak and my brother

Friday, March 6, 2009

Today I found out about a meningitis outbreak in my hometown of Appleton, WI.  I am saddened while rejoicing because my little brother Matt was spared.  Three of his friends from high school contracted meningitis, a disease spread through respiratory droplets aka kissing, sharing food/utensils, etc.

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20090306/APC0101/903060472/1979
My little brother who hangs out with these kids fairly often has just begun his first golf season...why was he not there, at that house, that afternoon...because he was swinging the clubs at practice.
Coincidence, maybe...but I'm calling it sovereignty...there is a reason why Matt was spared and his friends contracted the disease.  We may never know in our lifetime the reasons why, but I'm thanking the Lord now for Matt's safety while also praying for the Lord to cure, uphold, and strengthen those kids who are suffering...pray with us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
all photos and content copyright of The Brogle's 2007-2011. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP