Live writer

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I’ve been trying to find ways to help make blogging easier and more time efficient.  On many of the blogs I read, I’ve heard Live Writer mentioned.  So, when we finally invested in a new computer for me (a PC, not a mac) I was eager to figure out what live writer was and how I could use it to my advantage with blogging.

Live Writer is a free program through Windows Live for PC and now that I have gotten the hang of it, I can’t imagine blogging without it.  What it does is it allows you to write blog posts through a program similar to WORD, so there are many more options for editing, etc.  One thing I love it that it makes linking to past posts far easier and allows you to configure your pictures a lot easier than you can through blogger.  Also your posts are uploaded to your blog with the click of a button.  The only thing I haven’t figured out how to do yet, is to pre-publish a post.  More to come on that later!

If you happen to have a Mac, I’ve heard there is a similar program called ECTO, that basically does the same thing. 

Curious, do you use either of these programs for blogging?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
all photos and content copyright of The Brogle's 2007-2011. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP