Happy 4th of July, a little late:)

Monday, July 5, 2010

 

flag

I don’t know if I have ever looked forward to a 4th of July more than I did this year.  Why?  Because we didn’t do anything:)  With nothing on our plate and a very long week behind us, this was the perfect 4 day weekend, filled with as much relaxing as we could handle.  And sometimes in the Brogle household, relaxing means NOT doing anything with anyone, but ourselves of course!

Just because we didn’t do anything, doesn’t mean we neglected the holiday.  On my thoughts were my Grandfather and all the soldiers who have fought and continue to fight for our freedom, something I know I take for granted at times. 

A few weeks ago my Grandpa passed away at the grand old age of 96.  Being that he fought in a war, he was entitled to a military funeral.  As we went about our day, he was on my thoughts yesterday.  Taps in my head, the images of the rifles firing, and the flag being so respected as they honored my Grandfather. 

I’m going to miss him immensely. 

Praying you had a safe and very enjoyable 4th of July holiday weekend

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
all photos and content copyright of The Brogle's 2007-2011. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP