Three years in...

Saturday, October 24, 2009



On September 2nd Alex and I celebrated our third year of marriage.  I can't believe how quickly it has gone by and how so in love I am:)  I couldn't be more blessed to have this amazing man by my side!

People always ask us if we do anything for our anniversary and well, the answer is no.  We have in the past gone out to eat, but early on in our engagement we committed to NO gift-giving.  Sounds harsh, but really we want our marriage, birthdays, etc. to be built on moments spent together, not on material things that fade away.  Maybe it was the wallet I gave Alex on our first Christmas while dating that changed things for us...a beautiful brown Coach wallet, that was met with..."a wallet is kind of a personal thing" you see I had bought the wrong style, who knew!  (btw he still carries it:))

Our tradition of not giving gifts has actually benefitted us because we save money...and with that money we can afford to travel or experience small things together, something we love to do...like the time Alex planned out my birthday to all the places I love to go, skiing for his birthday, or dinner in Scotland celebrating our 3 years of marriage.  These experiences have no value, they're priceless.

As we start year 4, I'm praying that we would grow into our roles and live out our vows!

I, Andrea (Alex) take you to be my husband (wife).


I promise before God and these witnesses to love and respect you always (love and cherish).  I have seen your love for God and I am confident that you will be a loving spiritual leader (loving wife).  As God has called me, I will be the helper (spiritual leader) in our marriage.  I promise to keep Christ first in my life, and will rely on Him to teach and guide me, so that I may fully become the wife (husband) you deserve as we serve God together.

I promise to be faithful to you and never leave you.  I promise to respect and submit to your leadership (seek to know and understand you and be sensitive to your needs).  I desire what is best for us and I will trust your judgement inleading me as God leads you (lead you lovingly as God leads me).  I promise to provide you with an abundance of encouragement and to communicate openly and honestly with you.  I will listen when you speak and keep what I hear.  I will trust you and honor you (love you and honor you), I will follow you (I will value you).  I will be your helper (leader) and your most trusted friend.

I will always be there for you and I promise to make our home a place of rest and refuge for you (demonstrate my love for you in ways you understand).  I love you.

Honey, I still love you, even more than ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
all photos and content copyright of The Brogle's 2007-2011. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP