Easter

Thursday, April 8, 2010

This Easter Alex and I spent time with my family back in WI.  It was really sweet to be there and good to have a little chaos thrown into our lives.  I mean, 3 six year olds, a sick baby, and a spirited 3 year old, make life a little less ordinary and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

On Easter Sunday, my family went to visit my Grandpa in Manitowoc...this was a sweetness that overwhelmed any sadness I was having that morning.  About a month ago, I wrote and sent a letter to my Grandpa, thinking we wouldn't see him again.  I wrote him because I wasn't sure of his salvation.  And as scary as it was, I sent it, this letter proclaiming the gospel of Jesus, and what a blessing that I was able to see him again.

My Grandpa is 96 and is a fighter.  He has diabetes, his kidneys are failing, he has refused dialysis, he has open wounds on his legs from the diabetes, and though it takes most of his energy to walk, he keeps going strong.

There wasn't time to inquire over the letter or what his thoughts were, but Jesus knows.  He knows His heart and that is enough.  But I'm so thankful that He gave me another day to spend with my Grandpa.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
all photos and content copyright of The Brogle's 2007-2011. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP