A changed heart, a changed life

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Our pastor at our church has been speaking on faith and the process of regeneration and rebirth, what it means to be born again. It's been great and thought provoking and yet so reassuring, faith strengthening to revel in the truth that I am saved by grace alone, by faith alone, by the blood of Jesus alone. I am saved...though still a sinner, Christ is on my side, my advocate before the Father, allowing me to stand before God, cleansed and forgiven. Easter is upon us...not a time of easter eggs and the easter bunny, but the time to rejoice in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ...without this there would be no hope. I was in junior high when God began pursuing my heart. Though I grew up going to church, I thought and believed I was giong to heaven because that was just the way it was, becuase I was baptized. And as I got older I was never comfortable with that notion, it had to be something else...for me it was acknowledging who God was and who He is today. He is almighty, filled with grace...and it was his work, he took my sinful heart of stone and he gave me a heart of flesh, he opened my eyes to grace and my need for a Savior, and I now stand before God forgiven. My life is changed and I don't want to live any day without Jesus. Without Him, there si no hope, only an eternity of hell. This easter we urge you to seek and savor Jesus, his death and resurrection and pray that God would open your heart to new life in Jesus...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
all photos and content copyright of The Brogle's 2007-2011. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP