A little more girly…

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

And a little more manly.  I’m talking about our bathrooms.  For almost 4 years, Alex and I have shared a bathroom, despite the fact that for the past year we have had 2 bathrooms!  I decided that this year, we would try out having separate bathrooms and see how it worked.

The main reason for the change?  The bathroom we shared was in Alex’s office and other than the summer, when I’m up and out of the house before he starts work, having the shower going while trying to work just doesn’t cut it. 

Since I’ve always wanted to incorporate pink into our color scheme, I transformed the other bathroom into the perfect girly space while changing a couple things in the existing bathroom to make it a little more manly.

So here they are, our “new” bathrooms!

Mine:                                   

 DSC_0424 DSC_0428DSC_0425 DSC_0423

Cost Breakdown: 

-New Shower Curtain $10, Ikea Candle $4, Ikea Frames $15 Total: $29

The rest of the items we had and I grabbed them out of hiding for the bathroom.  We picked up the iconic “Keep Calm and Carry On” postcard at the Imperial War Museum in London last year, before they became the “IT” thing:)  Also the other picture is one I made thanks to a sheet of paper and our printer…more on that later.

Now Alex’s new space:

DSC_0429 DSC_0431

Updates:  A new picture, totaling $1 for the piece of paper.  Again I grabbed things out of hiding for this bathroom too and the color scheme is more masculine with greens, orange, and red. 

All it takes is a little imagination and basically, some paper:)

2 comments:

mmmbah said...

love it! we have two bathrooms too and i've been toying with the "his and hers" themes.

Anonymous said...

great ideas! I usually really struggle with decorating but I love cute paper and will have to try it out!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
all photos and content copyright of The Brogle's 2007-2011. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP