Complaining…

Friday, May 7, 2010

These past couple of weeks I’ve heard a lot of complaining from friends, relatives, acquaintances, and strangers…myself included.

It doesn’t surprise me really, we are by nature sinful and our response by nature to things that do not go OUR way is to complain.  Whether it’s complaining that someone didn’t do something right, we do not have children and everyone else does, we don’t have such and such that someone else has, the drivers on the highway aren’t driving right, the church service was not to our liking, and the list goes on.

I find myself so often allowing the complaint to enter my mind, take root in my heart, and come out of my mouth without even thinking that by chance, my now mindful, heart produced, words of complaint are not pleasing to the Lord. 

If He is all good and His ways are good and He gives us all we need, why on earth do we give way to complaint, only to grieve the Lord.

I’m encouraged by scripture to not complain but instead be content.  Praying that in whatever circumstance you find yourself in today, you will commit it to the Lord and praise him for where He has you in that moment, instead of giving way to a complaint.

“Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.” Philippians 4:11

“Keep your life free from love of money (or things/people/etc.), and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

“Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.”

1 Timothy 6:6-8

“Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world” Philippians 2:14-15

“For the sake of Christ, then,I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”  2 Corinthians 12:10

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
all photos and content copyright of The Brogle's 2007-2011. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP