Skin deep...how safe are your cosmetics?

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My friend Rachel tuned me into this site Skin Deep where you can view how safe the cosemetics/lotions/etc. you use are for your skin. I wasn't sure if I was going to like what I found, but I actually didn't fare to bad! Growing up my mother only used one thing on her face for face lotion, Oil of Olay. I have tried multiple other brands in my years growing up, but I love this one. Just their original little bottle, the cheapest one on the shelf...it's great. It's Olay Complete Defense, SPF 30. Just a note, I never use anything but water and a little bar soap on my face if it needs to be cleansed. That was my dermatologists suggestion! The other brand I am quite loyal to is Dove, not only because I love their products, but also because of their advertising. I love that they target women, all kinds of women, to feel comfortable in their own skin. As a former gal with body issues, I love feeling good in my own skin! The ratings on skin deep are Here are the products we use and how they rated on Skin Deep: Product: Rating: Oil of Olay Moisturizing Lotion 2 Dove Gentle Exfoliating Beauty Bars White 3 Dove Antiperspirant & Deodorant Ultimate Clear, Fresh 4 Dove Shampoo and Conditioner 5 Dove Firming Lotion 6 So all in all, they fall within the low to moderate hazard category. Will I change? Doubt it. Maybe if they were off the charts. But always choose the sensitive skin version of the product, it's always better...b/c hey, we all have sensitive skin:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
all photos and content copyright of The Brogle's 2007-2011. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP